Beat the Rush With Plumbing Repair Service This Fall
Fall kicks off a busy time for plumbers. Calls for service to repair clogs, leaks, and plumbing fixtures and appliances often increase during the fall and winter months. Your toilets, sinks, drains and water heaters may be working harder to keep up with the added demands of the season. To keep things flowing smoothly in your home, consider these tips from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing®:
- Learn where your main water valve is and how to turn it off in an emergency. Even a small leak or break can cause dozens of gallons of water to be lost in minutes.
- This can be damaging and costly.
- Check for leaks inside and outside your home.
- Now is a great time to fix leaks before the weather gets too cold. Replace old washing machine hoses, worn gaskets, washers and toilet flappers inside. On the outside, check hoses and spigots for leaks. Any signs of mold, discoloration or foul odors can indicate larger problems.
- Clean rain gutters.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts by removing leaves and pine needles so melted snow and rain flows away from your home.
- Consider a plumbing inspection.
- A plumber can inspect your water heater, drains and toilets to check for leaks and offer solutions if necessary. Now is a good time for an inspection, before you have a house full of guests.
For more seasonal plumbing repair service related tips, contact your local Benjamin Franklin Plumbing
Leave a Reply