High Efficiency Plumbing Upgrades Your Home Needs
Are you considering a plumbing upgrade for your home? Plumbing is the lifeline of your home’s water system, and investing in high efficiency options now can save you time and money in the future as well as reduce future plumbing issues. Try these five easy energy efficient upgrades you can make in your home that will have a big impact on the earth (and your pocketbook).
- Install an eco-friendly water filtration system. These systems use less water while giving you and your family clean, pure water to drink and use. Additionally, installing an eco-friendly water filtration system in your home cuts down on plastic bottle waste from bottled water.
- Get serious about your light. Consider using solar panels as your main energy source. This will greatly decrease your energy bills and your average energy output. While traditionally, solar panels have been too expensive for the average homeowner to afford, recent technological advances have reduced their prices to more affordable rates. Additionally, many states offer tax breaks for making long term home remodeling changes such as these.
- Install eco-friendly light bulbs in your bathroom and throughout your house to reduce its energy output if you don’t want to go all the way with solar panels. LED, halogen, and CFL lights all offer better alternatives than traditional fluorescent bulbs. Eco-conscious bulbs use less energy and last longer, so you won’t have to deal with the annoyance of changing out the bulb as frequently.
- Switch to dual-flush toilets. Dual-flush toilets adjust the water usage based on your needs, so you won’t unnecessarily waste water every time you use the bathroom.
- Add more skylights during your bathroom remodeling project. This increases the natural light in the room, giving you Vitamin D while reducing how much energy you use on lighting.
Talking to a plumber is a great way to start the process of upgrading your home for better efficiency. All of our plumbing upgrade work and installation is done by trusted, professional St. Paul plumbers who care about the environment and your home. Call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Minneapolis at 952-933-8888 to learn more about high efficiency, eco-friendly options for your home.
Leave a Reply